Do you have lights in your home that dim when the refrigerator kicks on? Have you ever felt a slight shock when you touch your stove with wet hands? These are just two situations that should be looked at by an electrician. I didn't give any attention to the lights that were dimming in my laundry room when I turned my dryer on. A few months after I had noticed it, we had a small electrical fire in the ceiling. To find more home electrical symptoms that shouldn't be ignored, visit my website. Here, you will find symptoms, problems and solutions for each.
You probably already know that your commercial kitchen can be quite dangerous. You have to worry about burns, fires, slips and falls and other safety issues, but you might not have thought about the electrical hazards that are in your commercial kitchen. These are a few ways that you can keep yourself and everyone who works in your kitchen safe from electrical shock and electrical fires.
1. Be Careful When Cleaning
When you or your employees are cleaning the floors in the kitchen, you probably want to get the job done as quickly as possible. One good way to do so is to get the floor good and wet and then push the water toward your kitchen drains. This means that you might end up with a lot of water on the floor while you're cleaning, and you might not be paying much attention to where this water is going. As you probably already know, water and electricity do not mix, and your wet floor cleaning methods can be very dangerous. Be careful not to use so much water that the electrical outlets could get wet, and make sure that you move all electrical cords out of the way before using a method for cleaning the floor in your kitchen.
2. Replace Electrical Cords
Your kitchen equipment gets quite the workout in your commercial kitchen, and it's not uncommon for electrical cords to get worn out over the years. Make sure that you replace these cords once they begin showing the signs of fraying or other wear and tear to help prevent fires and shocks. It's a good idea to let your employees know that they should inform you of damaged cords since you might not notice them when you are in the kitchen.
3. Use Ground Fault Circuit Interrupters
Just as you should have ground fault circuit interrupters -- which are also known as GFCIs -- in your kitchen at home, you should also have them in your commercial kitchen. These are special wall outlets that are designed to interrupt to electrical circuit in the event that there is a risk of electrical shock, such as if the outlet or a corresponding cord gets wet. Even though you can purchase GFCIs yourself, it's a better idea to hire a commercial electrician to install them for you. Then, you can get advice about where they are needed and can ensure that they are installed correctly.
Keeping everyone safe in your commercial kitchen is probably one of your top priorities. Luckily, if it's electricity that you are worried about, following these tips will help prevent injury.