Do you have lights in your home that dim when the refrigerator kicks on? Have you ever felt a slight shock when you touch your stove with wet hands? These are just two situations that should be looked at by an electrician. I didn't give any attention to the lights that were dimming in my laundry room when I turned my dryer on. A few months after I had noticed it, we had a small electrical fire in the ceiling. To find more home electrical symptoms that shouldn't be ignored, visit my website. Here, you will find symptoms, problems and solutions for each.
5 November 2015
Having central air conditioning in your home will keep you and your family comfortable during the hottest months of the year, providing considerable relief from the hot and humid conditions just outside your front door. Your air conditioning should last you for several years, but it's possible to prolong the life of the unit by making some simple changes to how you use it, while also being sure to perform a variety of regular maintenance tasks.
26 October 2015
Did you grow up in a home where the hair dryer and the vacuum cleaner couldn't run at the same time or you'd lose power? Maybe your older home today has issues when you try to turn on too many appliances at the same time. Fortunately it is relatively easy (depending on where it's located—those basement spiders can be scary!) to flip your circuit breaker back on. But if this happens too many times, there could be a significant problem with your residential electrical system.
23 September 2015
It's almost time to decorate the house for Halloween! If you haven't given thought to outdoor electrical safety, then it's time. These tips will help you decorate your outdoor spaces safely for the coming holiday. Extension Cord Safety These extension cord safety tips will help you safely plug in your outdoor Halloween lights. Use outdoor extension cords only. At home improvement centers, outdoor grade extension cords are usually the cords that are orange or green in color.
12 August 2015
You probably already know that your commercial kitchen can be quite dangerous. You have to worry about burns, fires, slips and falls and other safety issues, but you might not have thought about the electrical hazards that are in your commercial kitchen. These are a few ways that you can keep yourself and everyone who works in your kitchen safe from electrical shock and electrical fires. 1. Be Careful When Cleaning
9 July 2015
Does the circuit breaker to your furnace trip all of the time and cause the pilot flame to go out? A furnace is a high voltage piece of equipment that demands a lot of electricity, and there are several reasons why it may be tripping the circuit breaker. Find out below about the possible reasons why the circuit breaker to the furnace constantly trips, as well as how an electrician can resolve the problem to keep your home safe.